Agricultural Law Seminar
In this one-day seminar, cosponsored with the Iowa State Bar's Agricultural Law Section and the Iowa Farm Bureau, we will cover current legal issues relevant to all agricultural attorneys, including:
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Farm Economy, Chad Hart, PhD— Associate Professor, Department of Economics / Extension and Outreach, Iowa State University
- Entity Planning with Farm Program Payments and Taxes in Mind, Jeffrey Fetter, Attorney and President, Scolaro Fetter Grizanti & McGough, P.C., Syracuse, NY, and Dario Arezzo— Attorney and Senior Tax Consultant at Farm Credit East, ACA
- Considerations When Helping Clients Work with Agricultural Lenders, Michael Fielding, JD—Attorney and Partner, Husch Blackwell LLP, Kansas City and Leslie Mille—Agricultural Loan Officer, Marion County Bank
- Legal Issues Impacting Livestock Growers in 2020, Eldon McAfee—Attorney and Shareholder, Brick Gentry PC
- Iowa's New Trust Law Provisions (SF 2232), Wayne Reames—Attorney and Shareholder, Belin McCormick PC
- Wetlands Litigation Considerations, Erin Herbold Swalwell — Attorney and Shareholder, Brick Gentry PC
- Review of Water-Related Developments (County of Maui, Navigable Waters Protection Rule, and Missouri River Litigation), Jesse Richardson—Professor of Law and Land Use Attorney, West Virginia University and Anthony Schutz—Associate Professor of Law, University of Nebraska
- An Update from the Field on Iowa’s New Partition Law, Pat Dillon— Attorney and Owner, Dillon Law P.C.
- Case Law and Legislative Update, Kristine Tidgren and Kitt Tovar—Attorneys, Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation
- Ethics for the Rural Practitioner
6.5 HOURS IOWA CLE, including 1 hour Ethics from the Iowa Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Legal Education
No IRS CPE is offered for this day.
Registration link will be posted the first week of August.