Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation Refer-a-Colleague Program Terms & Conditions
What Steps Do I Take?
1. Identify colleagues who have never attended our September Seminars or Fall Tax Schools, or have not attended since 2017.
2. Contact Angela Ossian at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your personal referral code (PRC). Please put "Request for PRC" in the subject line and a unique referral code will be emailed to you.
3. Give your colleague your PRC and ask them to register for and attend either the September Seminars or Fall Tax School. The PRC must be entered in the Promo Code box through the online registration process or on the printed order form when your colleague(s) register. Your colleague must provide your PRC at the time of registration to receive $25 off their registration.
When Do I Get My Referral Rewards?
1. Referral registrations are reviewed and validated weekly. A valid referral registration is defined as a completed and paid registration by an eligible colleague. If the colleague cancels or transfers the registration, the referrer does not earn a reward.
2. For each referral, you will receive a refund by December 31, 2021 representing the aggregate sum of all referral rewards. If the referral rewards exceeds the total registration transaction amount, any unused portion of the referral rewards is forfeited. Referral rewards may only be redeemed once and expire at the end of the calendar year in which they are issued. Referral rewards are nontransferable, have no cash value, and may not be redeemed for books, or other merchandise.
3. Employees of Iowa State University are not permitted to participate in the Program.
By participating in and becoming a member of the Refer-a-Colleague program (a "Referrer"), you are subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
- Who Can Refer? You! Anyone reading this can refer a new customer to our two-day September Seminars or Fall Tax School -- either in-person or webinars.
- Who Can be Referred? Anyone who has not attended one of our September Seminars or Fall Tax Schools in 2018, 2019 or 2020 (e.g. within the past 3 years). The referrer and the person being referred cannot be the same person (for example, by using a different email address)
- Referral Rewards. For you to earn referral rewards as a Referrer, the Referred Colleague must purchase a course and stay enrolled through the course. If the Colleague cancels, the Referrer does not earn a reward. Referral rewards earned in 2021 must be used for courses occurring before December 31, 2021. If the referral rewards exceed the cost of the registration fees in a single transaction, any unused portion is forfeited. Referral rewards can only be redeemed once.
- How does it work? When you refer someone who has not attended our September Seminars or Fall Tax School within the past 3 years, and they register for a course in 2021 using your personal referral code, both you and that colleague will receive a $25 reward that can be redeemed towards any 2021 September Seminars or Tax School. The reward is earned for each colleague that you refer, and there is no limit to the amount of referral rewards you can earn.
- Representations. Referrer makes the following representations:
- Referrer will not in any way falsify, deceive, or mislead CALT regarding referrals in the Refer-a-Colleague program.
- Referrer will not harvest, use listed resources, or otherwise pay for leads (or personal Information) for use in this Refer-a-Colleague program.
- Referrer acknowledges and understands that CALT will rely upon Referrer's compliance with these Terms & Conditions.
- Where can I find my personal referral code? Your personal referral code may be obtained by contacting Angela Ossian at email@example.com. Please put "Request for a PRC" in the subject line and a referral code will instantly be created for you
- What is the Timeline? Referrals can be made beginning July 2021- when registration opens. Referrals will be accepted until Fall Tax School registration closes in mid-December. Referrals are reviewed and validated throughout the year
- Right to Cancel Program or Change Terms. CALT reserves the right to cancel the Refer-a-Colleague program or change these Terms & Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting revisions to these Terms & Conditions. Any unclaimed referral rewards will be forfeited at the time the program is cancelled.
If you have any questions, feel free to call Angela Ossian at (515) 294-5217.